In order to lose weight, there are a few factors to consider that a good weight loss supplement will address:
- Stress: You need to address stress. When you are stressed (mentally or physically) your body goes into the ‘fight or flight’ response. When this happens your body immediately stores fat. It is our coping mechanism. Your body doesn’t know how long you’re going to fight or run so it needs to store energy for the long term.
- Appetite Control: Many of us ‘live to eat’ when we should ‘eat to live’. We are addicted to food and are surrounded with fast food and junk food. We need to get our appetites under control.
- Blood Sugar: It is imperative to keep our blood sugars balanced. When our blood sugar is out of whack and insulin levels are high, your body compensates by storing fat.
- Boost Metabolism: You will lose more weight and much faster if you increase your metabolism. Putting more wood on your fire will help you burn more fat, even at rest.
- Maintain or Gain Muscle: Muscle is metabolically active so the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest. Many low calorie diets do not allow you to eat enough protein which causes muscle loss. Try having a protein shake in the morning or as a mid afternoon snack.
When looking for a weight loss supplement, if you can get something that has all of these factors in it…go for it! Let me know if you need some help!