Our bodies can’t produce all of the nutrients that we need to function properly, so we have to eat them. Vitamins are necessary for our normal growth and function. Most vitamins cannot be manufactured within our body so we must get them from our foods. Some doctors will say that you can get all the vitamins you need from your food however I beg to differ and here’s why.
- Most of us don’t eat a balanced diet every day
- Our soils are depleted of vitamins and minerals. If it isn’t in the soils, it isn’t in our foods
- We are bombarded with toxins which require additional nutrients to deal with them
- Nutrient absorption declines with age so additional nutrients are necessary
- Children need additional nutrients to support growth
- Exercise causes free radical damage, which requires additional antioxidants to compensate
- Stress depletes nutrients in the body
Start by taking a high quality multi vitamin. This will supply all of the vitamins and minerals you need daily. Not all vitamins are created equal so don’t buy cheap, low dose multi vitamins. Go to your local nutrition house and ask the natural health consultant for the best quality multi vitamin. They should be gender specific. Men and women have different needs and therefore will require different multi vitamins. Children have different multi vitamins as do senior citizens.